Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I've been in Bali for approximtely an hour and a half and look at me. I don't know how I am going to relax in this place.

What an amazing place. The land of a million smiling faces is how I will forever remember Bali. I know this is only the first trip we have taken there and surly others will follow during our time in this part of the world but I think the impression left on both of us is "paradise." Can't wait to go back. We went to the mountain area called Ubud in the central part of the island and it was magical. Such lush forest, sweet smelling air and friendly people. If ever one wanted to retire in the tropics this is the place to do it. If that thought has crossed your mind in lets say Mexico, erase it, save your nickles and dimes and come to Bali. You will be a changed person.

Here are the pics, at least the ones that didn't get lost in whatever mad frenzy I was in while downloading them ( I hate computers ). I hope you enjoy them.

Lets start with the culprits



Our hotel room, not too shabby. Good score Mr Owen
A tub big enough for two.
And of course an out door shower for one. Barbara refused to use this because she was convinced there were critters lurking about
The best way to start the day
Cute now, 1 year down the road a thieving little bastard
Our driver for a day, Nyoman



Rice terraces. A dying form in Bali



Ahh to live a dogs life in a Hindu temple.

A gimlet to finish off the day.
Some local hootch. It's called Arak, not too bad actually.



This is as close as Barbara got to having an outdoor shower



One big friggin spider.

Cat crap coffee after roasting

Cap crap coffee after expulsion
Which one is the coffee and which ones are tea
Paula found the tea
I think Owen found the coffee



You always feel the eyes upon you. Sneaky little devils






Some crazy statues at the temple of the dead




Close enough to the real thing for us
So I started taking picture of the doorways along the streets of Ubud. They are all different and beautiful the way the greet you. All very peaceful




These were super cool. I've never seen these anywhere else. The intracey in the carving is awesome. Too bad Barbara wouldn't let me buy one. Maybe next time while she's asleep on the beach I'll slip away and buy one.



We need to get how much more money?
Us too.
I think someone might be a little exausted.
There's only one way to take care of this..
Cocktails



The requisit cockroach pic. I think there will be one from every trip. I'm still on the lookout for a good one in Singapore.



Its a John Hardy infestation. I have yet to find anything that will kill these things. They seem to be multiplying. Rapidly



Little frogs. How am I supposed to eat frogs legs when their brothers are sitting there looking at me?
So we thought we should maybe look at some property while we were there. This looked good. It came with a chicken. What more does a person need?






More property. Sure its a bit of a fixer upper but if the price is right...
This one might be a little small


A very heated game of Yatzee. Decisions decisions

R Rurley, yeah thats us alright.
Mr & Mrs Rurley
Michelle and her friend Chad who came over for the holidays.
New years fun
What a good looking group

Uh oh


Friends, gotta love 'em.

Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment