Friday, October 9, 2009

Hello everyone. We'll start with yet another quirky sign in the Singapore MRT. Now before we get to the pics of the week I feel i need to say a few things. First the Singapore shuffle will drive a person nuts. I guess its a cultural thing but the people here just shuffle along in a seeming slow motion in no hurry to get where they are going. Not that I am rushing to get anywhere but walking at a normal pace is unheard of here. Also while walking in the Singapore shuffle people have the urge to stop for no reason what so ever. They just stop. It is a very strange phenomenon. I personally very rarely have the urge to stop walking in the middle of a crowd of people and just stand there. call me crazy. Second, pushing a baby stroller, playing a video game, wearing headphones or talking on your phone, or any combination of the afore mentioned does not give you the right to walk aimlessly around randomly running into people. WAKE UP.

Ok now that I've gotten that out of my system on to the pics.

I like this blog thing.
Luke Luke Come to me Luke
Wait a second,,,,Who ever thought they would see the day Barbara would wear a Darth Vader mask. I love Lucas
Who might this formidable individual be
Ahh the birthday boy himself. Happy Birthday G. We were at a pub in Clark Quay and it was very much good times. Mr Corsi's 1st B-Day in Sing.
Doesn't the Happy Buddha look great with his little red purse. I think Denise wants it back
The organizer of the events, the always photogenic Michelle. I think she's happy not to be wearing the mask
Yay, cookies. Bravo on the cookies Michelle, they rocked, espresso chocolaty goodness
The sign that destroyed a man. People took this a little too seriously. Oh yeah this was a Wednesday night, work the next day loomed on the horizon
My Yoda face. Why is Yoda always so unhappy?
Ok so we are off on a new tangent here. Look closely and you can see a guy walking long
See the smoke behind him. He's fogging for mosquito's
Ok so he's past our place but the fog is one of those gifts that just keeps giving
and giving
and, holy crap, giving
when does it stop
so we've hit the white out stage. Yes that is poison floating heavily in the air. Honestly I don't if this stuff works but it is quite a show of force. I think it kills everything in a 20 foot radius. The other crazy thing around here is they consider geckos to be insects. I don't get it since the gecko, hold on to your seat for this, EATS MOSQUITO'S.

Welcome back to Little India. We are in the middle of Deepvali Festival which extends to the end of October so there are stalls set up selling all kinds of stuffs.
I love the colors of this Ganesha
The colors and flowers and everything is beautiful but also a bit over whelming. The scents are awesome as well

So please tell me who doesn't want a mirror ball Buddha. I love it. Disco Buddha
The only graffiti that I've seen in Sing.
I have a feeling that they got a permit for this.
Isn't she cute.

Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment