Tuesday, January 18, 2011

There is nothing like a bowl of mystery noodle soup on the sidewalk in front of a scooter repair shop. Man was that good...the broth, the noodles the smell of grease and rubber
Barbara ready to board the boat in Halong Bay
One of the Gazillion junks waiting for tourists, poor tourists, wait a minute
Another reminder we are in the Nam
It was a pretty cool site seeing all the junks with sails raised. When we were booking this side trip I was concerned about the availability of the boats. A note for all those coming to the Nam and going to Halong, there are plenty of these boats
Barbara happy to be at sea
A little cold though. That is if you call around 18-20 C cold. We are such pansies now

This was called monkey cliff. If you look close it looks like a monkey leaning forward, at least that's what they told me
Did I mention there were a lot of boats?
I call this the mans stinky feet hanging over my head. I am sure the locals have a different name
A penguin, really
More cave temple action
This was pretty cool
They had it lit very well
Ain't she cute
Eyes above the waist people, stop looking at my gut
And your floating market, you buy from me, you buy from me. Problem was if you bought from her they would charge you a sur charge on the boat because they didn't want to lose money. Of course I bought a bunch of beer and hid it my fridge pulling them out later after it got dark and the crew wasn't around. Sur charge, whatever


This was the disco boat. the lights kept changing color for a couple of hours. I wonder if the guests had to pay a sur charge for that?
The lone kayak

When the traffic gets too crowed on the roads they take to the sidewalk and make a phone call along the way
Ok so we have been on planes, buses, the wheeled coffin of death and boats. Obviously it is time for the train
Barbara seems a little unsure
Yeah baby, nothing but the best for us
Barbara on the train in Hanoi
Barbara off the train in Hue
And she's off. Don't know where we are going but we are on our way

The citadel In Hue



Again with the water gardens. Very nice


The emperor sure knew how to live
Back on another coffin
I think they were a little confused as to what kind of restaurant they wanted to be. Why Not. Why not focus on one thing and get it right. Mexican food really...Why Not
Dragon boat ride anyone
There goes Barbara listening to her drinks again. I think she has better conversations with the drinks than with me
We've gone from wheeled coffin of death to rolling cart of fire
Yes Barbara the bus is pink, and yes we are going to get on that pink bus and go on another tour. Barbara doesn't like organized tours, especially ones that are on pink buses

These guys sure were little
Refurbished, our entry fees at work
Not so refurbished


Another set of stairs climbed, check
Don't look him in the eyes or your doomed
Sitting on the steps at a 900 year old temple rolling a smoke, must be French

Some old ruler
Hmm, could this be the inspiration for my next tattoo?
See what I mean by little, Barbara is bigger than this guy, Barbara isn't bigger than anyone. Oh did I just say that...

Incense, lots of incense



Ok, I don't think I really need to say this because it is so obviouse, but I will anyway. This dude must be a government spy. Look at the coat, and he looks a little shifty don't ya think. Don't look him in the eye, he might be the human incarnation of the dragon from earlier
You tell me, will it fit
New years at the DMZ in Hue

New years is New years where ever you go, drunk people doing stupid shit. Whats she doing with her hand?
I don't know, even I wouldn't eat that and I will eat almost anything. Not only does it look wrong, but it is sitting outside and it 2 in the afternoon
Imagine how long it must take to get a load of sand from point a to point b with this wheel barrow
A typical menu, approx 20 pages long
My friends
Who needs a guard dog when you have a guard croc
Umm Bihn Mah sandwiches, $.30. Ahh hell yeah
Beach front property
Pagoda on Marble Mountain
A few Buddah pics


A sunset, and we are done for now.

One more Vietnam post to come. I took so many pics its a little rediculous. See you next time

No comments:

Post a Comment